Whether it is that of family, friends, romance, or community we hope you have a very special Valentine’s Day! Here’s a great craft to help kids celebrate the love Christ brings into their life. Click here to download the instructions and printable images.
God’s Love Glows: Valentine’s Activity & Lesson
Here’s a Valentine’s Day activity to teach God’s love. What comes to mind when you think of love on Valentine’s Day? God demonstrated His love by sending His son into the world, and Jesus loved us so much he gave his life for us.
God gives us His idea of love in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 (NIRV).
Each of these hearts has a quality of love. Can you think of some examples of each? For instance, Love is patient, so you can show love for your brother, sister, or friend by patiently listening to them.
Each of these downloadable hearts and downloadable center piece has a quality of love. Can you think of some examples of each? For instance, Love is patient, so you can show love for your brother, sister, or friend by patiently listening to them.
- Write, draw or discuss your example for each heart quality.
- Color/ decorate each heart, or print them on colored cardstock.
- For added fun, use glow-n-dark paint or contents of a glow stick.
- Cut out the hearts and glue/tape around a large paper plate
- Cut out the inner plate circle. Tape or glue it inside the plate. Decorate it. Or, have a glow-n-dark scavenger hunt with the hearts taped to glow sticks.
The possibilities are endless! Share your finished craft with us on social media using the #EggloEggs tag.